Some things that the Leary family has been up to include;
1. Gordon had his birthday 5/16. He is now 4 years old. We often hear him say things like, "I can open the door now because I am 4 years old. (Seth put in a new sliding door that is so smooth for Mother's Day.) His favorite color is green. Gordon asked for a "Green butterfly cake with blue and yellow frosting." He was happy with what I came up with. Jared gave Gordon his old bike for his birthday and Gordon just loves it. I often hear him talking to the bike, telling it thank you for not tipping over.
2. Gordon and Ellis have discovered how much fun it is to play together. It took longer than I had expected, but my heart swells when I hear these little guys plotting and making up games together. They just need to discover that it is fine if they sing the same song at the same time. I hear a lot of, "That's MY song. Don't sing it while I'm singing it."
3. We spent Memorial Day weekend with my brother and his family. They moved to Utah for one Semester at BYU while my sister-in-law finished up her college. I was so excited when they told us that they would be in Utah. I had envisioned spending all of my free time with them. Turns out we didn't have as much free time between us as I had anticipated. When we spent the weekend with them, I told Emily that in my mind that was how we were going to spend every weekend and I feel like I didn't take advantage of their being here like I should have. They are moving back to their beautiful house in California on Monday, June 1. They have a couple of boys that are Jared's age and they have really enjoyed spending time together. They also have 3 girls and Mia adores all of them. As far as Mia is concerned, Kristin hung the moon and Claire and Amy are the stars in the sky. She spent a few nights at their house and she just loves being with them. We will miss them. Hopefully Seth will get a bunch of trips to California with work so that we can see them often.
4. I went to the Zoo with Mia's Kindergarten class. Mia was disappointed that there were no lions at the zoo. There was a Mountain Lion and it was almost good enough for her. We had a lot of fun eating at the zoo. I was with Mia and one of her friends and they wanted to stop every 10 minutes to eat something. We rode the train and played on the playground. It was a nice overcast day. It didn't rain on us luckily, but it wasn't too hot either. It seriously was a perfect day to go to the zoo.
5. I got my first pedicure. Seth was out of town for 5 days and I needed a little break. I was trying of something for me to do and one of my friends suggested that I get a pedicure. She told me where she goes and I went. I called up my very good friend TaLaisa, from my Sandy neighborhood, and while she had just given herself a pedicure, she came and talked to me. It isn't often that I get to go and have my feet rubbed and talk to one of my favorite people in the world. It was pretty relaxing. I enjoyed it more than I had expected to. Now Mia wants me to paint her toenails.